Peter K. Zakow, MD, FACC, FACS
Board-Certified in General Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery
Medical School: New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
General Surgery Residency: New York University Medical Center/Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, NY
Fellowship, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Residency: New York University Medical Center/Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, NY
As a cardiothoracic surgeon, I see minimally invasive (MIV) techniques having the most impact in the near future. I will offer several MIV approaches to cardiac and thoracic surgery enabling patients the opportunity to get back to a normal lifestyle sooner. That being said, not everyone is a good candidate for these procedures. It’s all about choosing the right operation for the right patient, and my experience and training allows me to make those choices effectively. The goal for any intervention is to provide the best long term results for a lifetime of good health.
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- American Medical Association
- The Medical Society of the State of New York
- Dutchess County Medical Society
- New York Society for Thoracic Surgeons, Inc.
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Complex aortic reconstruction, aortic and mitral valve surgery, treatment for venous disease, and minimally invasive techniques for cardiac and thoracic surgery.
- All adult cardiac and thoracic surgeries, including open heart surgery, minimally invasive surgeries, and percutaneous techniques
- Any benign or malignant disease of the chest wall, pluera, lungs, pericardium, or mediastinum
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm repair
- Aortic and mitral valve surgery